| Diagnostic Tools and Personalized Support
Do I have signs and symptoms of the aerotoxic syndrome?
There is no blood test that can tell 100% you have aerotoxic syndrome.
We can provide you with a number of diagnostic tools that are used to diagnose neurological dysfunction as well as specific blood tests that, when results are combined, can make the aerotoxic syndrome very likely.
We are at your service!
BG Health Assessment € 90
The BG Health Assessment contains two questionaires. Through a series of questions on signs, symptoms and function, general health and toxic effects are assessed. The BG Health Assessment is used to analyse strength of recovery systems and toxicity to the nervous system. This will provide us with an indication on intensity of symptoms.With the outcome of the BG Health Assessment we can inform you which further diagnostics would be appropriate.
With our expertise we may support you with a strategy to reduce signs and symptoms.
We are able to provide personal advise after analyzing the results of your BG Health Assessment.We have collected data of a large number of pilots, cabin crew members and frequent flyers, in the Netherlands as well as other countries of Northern Europe. The results of a small field study prove hopeful. Future research on our strategy will provide more longterm results and effects.
TCP gene panel € 380
Genetic analysis provides a means to see in which category you belong in terms of being able to specifically detoxify TCP compounds, falling into the group of organophosphates.
Clinical findings indicate at the moment:
1. Poor metabolizer: 3% of all Caucasians. Accumulation of toxic metabolites causes neurologic symptoms after a frequent exposure of 3-5 years.
2. Intermediate Metabolizer: approximately 40% of all Caucasians. Accumulation of toxic metabolites causes neurologic symptoms after a regular exposure of 20-30 years.
3. Rapid Metabolizer: no effects by 57% of the remaining people exposed.
The cost of a TCP gene panel is €380. Details/request form will be sent to you after application.
Duration of the test: about 3-4 weeks.
SamplerCard € 210
Detecting TriCresylphosphate (TCP), a neurotoxic compound in cabin air, during normal flights and in Fume Events:
You can order a special sealed laboratory grade SamplerCard to take with you on your next journey in a jet or turbo prop driven aircraft.
Attach the card in the vicinity of a ventilation outlet, to allow as much cabin air to pass over the card. The fatty particles in cabin air, originating from the lubricating oils inside the turbine engines, will stick to the card. After the flight, insert it in the envelope, seal it and mail it to the lab. The test results are fully validated and certified.
Cost per SamplerCard is €210 (Bulk orders for unions at reduced prices, Patent Pending). Advice: Costs can be shared between flight members on the same flight. When the laboratory receives your SamplerCard and your payment has been done your Card will be analyzed. Duration of the test: about 3-4 weeks.
What does a possible positive test result mean for you?
1. Positive result only indicates the presence of TCP (3% of total contamination) in the air you have been breathing. It does not quantify the total amount.
2. Positive result also indicates you have been exposed to the other 97% of contaminants in cabin air, being up to 200 burned oil products.
3. The article "Exposure to Aircraft Bleed Air Contaminants among Airline Workers" (see Medical info) describes a set of neurologic symptoms caused by exposure to these neurotoxic compounds. Severity depends on frequency of flights, types of aircraft flown and susceptibility to these compounds (DNA test).
4. (Preventive) treatment is possible for a lot of people with a set of custom made biochemical substrates, specifically designed to bypass or repair the damage done to cellular systems by these toxic compounds. A small group of pilots are flying their aircraft again.
Shirt Analysis (after a fume event) € 341
Have your (T) Shirt analyzed after a normal flight or a fume event.
White materials only because the coloring agents nullify the test!
Results show a difference between “normal” exposure during the normal flight and a “high” exposure after a fume event.
Please wrap the item in a plastic bag and send to:
Make sure you include the request form sent to you stating:
1. Your name and full address, including country
2. The date
3. Your e-mail and telephone number
4. Flight details: Flight from – to, Flight number and Aircraft type: (A380, B737 etc.)
5. Company you were flying with/for
6. Duration of the flight
7. Did you smell anything? Y/N
8. May the results be used for research?
9. Are you suffering from Symptoms? If so, please state so.
When the laboratory receives your white (T) shirt and your payment has been done your shirt will be analyzed. Duration of the test: about 3-4 weeks.
Brain Electrical Activity test: QEEG (Quantitative Electro-Encephalogram € 380
QEEG measurements show the electrical activity of the brain as it is distributed over the different brain area’s; also information is gained on how the different brain parts communicate with each other. When these data are compared with a normative database you can get an objective impression on how your values differ from the “healthy norm”. Comparing pre- and post-measurements, the effects of detoxification treatment can objectively be ascertained as well as the effects of exposure to neurotoxins. In general the QEEG of the brain is quite stable under unchanged circumstances.
A QEEG can be measured and analyzed at short notice. The session takes about 2 hours in total: the QEEG measurements take about 1 hour and the second hour is used to evaluate and explain the preliminary results. A written report (20+ pages) will be delivered within 2 weeks.
Personalized Support € 125 per hour
Make an appointment with one of our specialist regarding the aerotoxic syndrome. Our knowledge and expertise will give you a personalized approach on steps you can take now to improve your health for example like supporting biochemistry of your body.
Neurofeedback Training € 95 per session
Neurofeedback is a specialized brain training that can be done to improve general functioning of the brain and increase stress resistance. In a 20 session training course, long-term improvements can be achieved in brain functioning without the use of allopathic medication. Usually sleeping patterns, mood, general functioning, concentration and stress resistance change markedly for the better.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 09 May 2013 20:57|